The Midweek Facial

Thursday, 30 April 2015

By midweek, I'm tired, stressed and quite frankly looking a bit rough to say the least. So in a bid to cheer myself up and sort my skin out I decided a facial was in order, using products that breath life into the skin, taking it from dull and drab to soft, supple and bright. Gotta love a good pamper, eh?

Firstly, I start with cleansing the skin using my beloved Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel , (review here) although it's called a cleansing gel, it's in fact a balm that turns into a silky oil when massaged into the skin - and let me tell you right now it massages in like a dream! What's more it's packed with quality ingredients that really benefit the skin such as Vitamins A, C & E, Omega 6, Starflower Oil and Pumpkin Enzymes. Pretty amazing huh? I apply a good dollop of this over the skin and I like to really take my time working the product onto the skin before removing it gently with a warm, damp flannel. Skin feels cleansed yet nourished.

Next a good dose of exfoliation. Enter the Oskia Renaissance MaskReview here. Another Oskia product I hear you say. I'm definitely becoming a bit obsessed with this brand and I'm currently lusting after their Bedtime Beauty Boost. But I digress........this little skincare gem contains natural fruit Acids (AHA's) including passion fruit, lemon, grape and pineapple to gently slough off dead skin cells and activate cell renewal. The results? Brighter, healthier - looking skin. Basically ten minutes of this mask and I feel like a new woman! And you won't believe how smooth your skin feels!

Lastly, it's time to add the moisture back into the skin and my current pick for that is the newly purchased Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Mask. I know what you are thinking - DRAGON'S WHAT? But hear me out. Rodial are known for their controversial names and "the dragon's blood" is a tree sap extract, sourced from the Sangre de drago tree in the amazon. That's a relief right? This product can be used two ways ; you can either apply it as quick 10 minute fix or as a leave - on mask for a deep moisture injection ( my favourite way). This has a gel-like consistency and glides onto the skin easily and smells delightful too - a mix of fruit and rose. Once washed off in the morning my skin is softer, smoother and plumper. And best of all? It doesn't irritate my skin like the Origins Overnight Mask. Bonus! Though I do have to say I could probably find a cheaper hydrating mask that delivers the same results but for now I'm happy using this.

What products do you use for a midweek pamper?










3 comments:

  1. Love your picks, I've been wanting to get more creative with my skincare because it's so basic, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? But seriously, I want that cleansing gel!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that oskia cleansing gel! i really need to try more of their skincare

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this brand! I love a good facial and skincare products are my fave! X

    Cara Delevinge inspired look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete