The Oskia Renaissance Mask

Sunday, 1 February 2015











The Oskia Renaissance Mask has been on my wish list for a while now - but the eye-  watering price of £48.50 always put me off however I couldn't resist any longer and finally took the plunge and purchased it - don't judge me! What can I say I am a skincare junkie and felt I needed it in my life. You guys understand right?

I 've always been into skincare and recently upped my skincare game because I'm 29... I'm not getting any younger so it's definitely time to bring in the big guns - you know? I use this mask once a week, (usually on a Sunday) when my skin is looking dull and in need of a serious radiance boost.

The Oskia Renaissance mask is enriched with Natural Fruit Acids and Papaya Enzymes which exfoliate the skin to reveal a brighter more radiant complexion. Sounds great right? The mask is peachy pink in colour and has a gel-like consistency. You actually don't need a lot of this product and a little bit goes a long way.

I massage this onto a cleansed, dry skin for 10 minutes. The mask turns white once properly applied. It tingles quite a bit, so gals with sensitive skin heads up. After it's worked it's magic for 10 minutes I add a little water to my finger tips to massage my face again in order to activate the second stage where it turns into a milky consistency and then I rinse off completely with water. Afterwards my skin is instantly brighter, feels oh-so smooth and has a healthy glow. What more can I ask for?






















It's worth noting that Oskia are 98% natural and their products are formulated without parabens, sulphates, silicones, artificial fragrances, colourants, Proplyene glycol - which is always a big plus in my book.

One thing I would say though is that on a couple occasions I managed to massage the product too close to my eye causing it to go a little red. It didn't stay red for very long but I still wanted to let you guys know.

So the big question is will I repurchase? To be honest, no. As much as I like the results I don't think I can justify purchasing it again so now I am on the hunt for a cheaper AHA based mask.... any recommendations?

Have you tried the Oskia Renaissance mask? What mask are you loving right now?

13 comments:

  1. Great review, very informative. I've been after this mask for the longest time as I love the cleansing gel in the line. I think I might give this a miss, it sounds like it works really well but for the price I'm not sure! The Liz Earle Brightening mask works really well for me it tingles slightly and you have to be careful not to leave it on for longer than the recommended time but my skin always looks brighter when I use it and haven't had any problems with my sensitive skin :) xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Rinica! I know what you mean about the price it's insanely expensive. I'm going to enjoy using it up but when it runs out I'm going to get a cheaper mask - the Liz Earle one sounds good maybe one to put on my "to buy" list :) xx

      Delete
  2. Been hearing tons about Oskia and their Renaissance series on the blogosphere these days, and I'm so tempted to pick up their cleanser and this mask because of the whole shift in consistency/phase thing....but the price really is such a deterrent! UGH, THIS MASK SOUNDS DREAMY SINCE I NEED A MASK WITH ACID IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW *-*

    Also, gotta love that gorgeous packaging!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Oskia have been getting a lot of hype lately and I think I have gone a bit Oskia crazy because I also bought the cleanser too which btw is ahh-mazing!!
      Instead of a mask with acid you could try an exfoliating toner instead and get your acid fix there...lol! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you mentioned you wouldn't repurchase because of the price. I honestly don't think I could justify it! Although saying that, I LOVE Glam Glow. Naughty hypocrite, haha.

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, definitely couldn't justify purchasing it again that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, that's a hefty price tag for something so small. Quality eye & face products normally are pretty pricey though. I love that it leaves a healthy glow.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a luxury brand and contains quality ingredients but it is eye -watering expensive, the results are good though so that's why I don't feel too bad about buying it.

      Delete
  5. That is pricey, don't think I could justify the price unless my skin badly needed it. It does sound amazing though and I have been looking at Oskia as a brand for a while now x

    Beauty with charm | REALASH Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right ? It's outrageously expensive but I'm glad I bought it and will enjoy using it up. x

      Delete
  6. It might not be an essential but it still sounds great! Every time I look at their prices I understand why I've only tried their cleanser, lol! :) xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes their prices are eye-watering expensive but what can I say - I felt like I needed it my life lol! :) xx

      Delete
  7. It has been on my wish list for ages and it seems like it will stay there for another while because of its eye-watering price tag. The day it lands on my doorstep, I'll be one chuffed lady!

    X Alice

    ReplyDelete