Mac Frankly Scarlet Blusher

Sunday, 12 January 2014




Aaahh ....  Frankly Scarlet is my current blusher love. I haven't had it long mind you but I love it so....how it instantly brightens up my skin and makes me look healthier. It's definitely a nice pick-me up shade for the cold season. A vivid red-rose, that gives me a beautiful flush of colour providing I use a light hand because this isn't a blush you can slap on and go! This is seriously pigmented and on my first attempt I did actually resemble a clown and should know better. I mean my first bold blusher was Nars Exhibit A the mother of all blushers in terms of pigmentation. So to avoid the dreaded clown cheeks I lightly dab my Real techniques stippling brush into the powder and take most of it off on the back of my hand. Then I apply what's left over on my cheeks and then start blending.

It's very flattering on my brown skin tone however lighter skin tones can also pull this off you just have to avoid being heavy handed. As the emphasis is on the cheeks I keep the rest of my makeup simple. One pump of my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, plenty of mascara and I keep my lips neutral with a slick of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rosewood Shimmer.

So what do you think of Frankly Scarlet? Would you ever rock it? Feed my blush addiction by leaving me your recommendations below.







10 comments:

  1. Woahhh this looks sooo gorgeous I definitely have to check this out!!! Especially since I have a brown skin tone as well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blusher looks ahhh-mazing on darker skin tones! Swatch it next time you are in Mac but don't be put off by how scary it looks in the pan lol:)

      Delete
  2. Holy color! But I bet it looks AMAZING on the cheeks. You have me itching for a color like this, now!
    Kallie @But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh let me know if you do ending up trying any bold blushers like this one:)

      Delete
  3. I think red blushers are brilliant :) The only problem is that I'm super fair and it's a struggle to get the right amount! I just bought the Nars Exhibit A and I'm in love!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tap your brush lightly in the blusher, tap off the excess, take most of it off on the back of your hand and then apply it to your cheeks and blend well. The more you practice the easier it will become. Oooh Nars Exhibit A I love that blush:)

      Delete
  4. It looks amazing! I would definitely try this out! And indeed, it looks like you need a very light hand when applying this. I simply love the "Love Thing" mineralize blush by MAC. I can just stare at it forever <3

    redlipsandbeautybits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fabulous colour! I love going for bright things in the pan, and this looks just gorgeous!
    Carrie xx

    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete