Review: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter In Wild Watermelon

Tuesday, 16 July 2013


 Recently I have been obsessed with the Revlon Lip Butter in the shade "Wild Watermelon", a gorgeous      coral-red shade that at the moment is my go-to colour for summer!  Wild Watermelon is one of the new  limited edition shades that was released for spring/summer alongside  Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and Pink  Lemonade. Despite it looking shockingly bright it is a wearable colour because it's semi-sheer and not a 
 full  on opaque red,so it's great for someone who wants to rock a red lip.


The lip butters are a mix of a lipstick and a lip balm with the shine of a gloss which is my kind of formula! The consistency is creamy so it glides easily on the lips. The staying power isn't amazing and I didn't expect it to be considering the formulation however, I don't mind whipping it out to reapply every now and again.I adore the Chanel-esque packaging with the quilted design making it look oh so chic! It's also great that the cap is clear so that you can see the colour of the lip butter.


The only downside is that in the heat the lip butter melts easily and it actually broke off in a large chunk after a couple of swatches so that was disappointing to say the least so just be careful about that but overall I love this lip butter and may pick up Sorbet next as it's calling my name.

 Have you tried any of the new Revlon Lip Butters? What's your thoughts?

14 comments:

  1. I love this shade so much! Wore it non stop so far this summer, another fave is raspberry pie!

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have raspberry pie too and I LOVE it! xx

      Delete
  2. loove the lip butters! I use it over the Revlon Kissable balm stain since that one is more long lasting =) yup raspberry pie is my fave too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good tip using it over the balm stains and Raspberry Pie is such a gorgeous colour, love it! xx

      Delete
  3. Yay another Lip butter lover, I can't get enough of them!
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip butters are a must-have product! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Lip Butters! So sad they haven't released the new colours here in Asia, boo! Wild Watermelon looks like a gorgeous colour! So pigmented as well! xx
    www.exoddinary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are great aren't they! Oh no what a shame you can't get the new colours yet. It's annoying when you have to wait for products to be released especially when everybody is talking about them! lol! xx

      Delete
  5. Essiebutton just talked about this too, so no doubt this shade will be out of stock soon :) Great colour though.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW thanks for visiting my blog, I love yours too. New follower :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, I really like your blog so following yours too:) xx

      Delete
  6. I definitely need this shade it looks gorgeous !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You defo need it, it's such a pretty shade:) xx

      Delete
  7. Just got this shade and I love it! I forgot how much I loved the lip butter formulation until I picked up another one!

    ReplyDelete