My top 5 Summer nail polishes.

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Hi guys, since Summer has well and truly kicked in I thought it's the perfect time to do a  post on my top 5 nail polishes for summer. It was really hard to narrow it down to just 5 so let's get started and see which nail polishes made the cut!






 Essie Mint Candy Apple  - My  favourite and the shade that started my love for mint colours. I absolutely  love this colour and it is the most perfect mint shade you'll ever see! Definitely a cult favourite amongst nail lovers and a must-have for me. This is all also one of the few Essie colours that I own that is easy to apply and opaque in two coats. Mint Candy Apple looks great all year round and is a shade that suits all skin-tones. If you don't own this shade how have you coped without it? Get it in your life now lol!

Essie Cute as a Button-  A beautiful coral-pink shade that is the epitome of summer! It's a fun shade that you won't stop wearing all summer long and is the perfect mani and pedi colour. The formula isn't the best with it being runny but I don't mind the extra effort because the colour is just too darn pretty and who can resist a good coral nail polish? Certainly not me! Definitely a summer staple.

Essie Splash of Grenadine - This is a pretty pink/purple shade that looks great on the nails but just as equally nice on the toes. It's a very soft and feminine shade that works well all year round. This is another Essie nail polish that is easy to apply, two coats does the trick and then you're good to go! It dries to a glossy finish so you don't need to bother with a top coat which is good because I haven't found a great one yet.

Barry M Gelly Hi- Shine Nail Paint in Grapefruit- Grapefruit is a bright almost neon pink that looks super pretty on the nails. I just love this bright pink shade because it's the perfect girly nail colour! It has a glossy finish so you can skip the top coat. However It is gloopy and comes out a bit thick but at £3.99 at least it doesn't break the bank!

Essie In The Cab-ana  -This is a new shade that was released for the Resort 2013 Collection. A bright aqua blue colour that reminds me of a swimming pool! The most eye-catching out of the bunch and the perfect holiday colour. It's such a stunning shade that you will not be able to stop staring at your nails and if you love your bright blue shades then this is right up your street! 

So that was my nail polish picks for Summer! What are your favourites?


21 comments:

  1. Great picks!!! Essie always has some great summer polishes! I'd actually say their new Summer 2013 line is like, ALL my favorite summer colors!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh I don't think I've seen the Essie summer collection yet, but I am sure all the colours are amazing:) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with essie nail polish!!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie has amazing colour range but sometimes their formula lets them down! Thanks I will check out your blog now! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Barry M Gelly Hi-Shines are lovely! Blueberry and papaya are my favourites! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Blueberry and Papaya are gorgeous colours!! xx

      Delete
  4. I am in love with In the Cab-ana! its such a pretty colour, love the colours though, you have a lovley blog following you on bloglovin :) xx

    ~ VISUALCANDYINC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, love that shade! Thank you, I like your blog too, following you back but on GFC because for some reason I can't login in to my bloglovin account! xx

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love the shades you picked, essie are my favourite nail varnishes :) xxx
    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, all the shades are so perfect for Summer:) xx

      Delete
  6. The Mint Candy Apple is my all time fave Essie polish! Such gorgeous colours and amazing staying power!

    x

    http://thestylechateau.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint candy apple is all time favourite too! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love all of these shades!
    The Barry M Gelly polishes really do come out thick, I didn't like them at first but they are growing on me.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Grapefruit colour :) My favourite for summer are pastels from Barry M xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. In The Cab-ana is absolutely stunning shade and I have to get my mitts on it asap! :) Cute as a Button is definitely my favorite nail polish for summer 2013 and I raved way too much about it on my blog haha! <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these colours!

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. need to get my hands on that barry m! can't believe i havent tried any of their gelly polishes!
    just followed you on bloglovin' so hopefully you can follow back?(:
    x x x x
    beau-tify.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colors are really amazing!!!! Love them all!!
    What about following each other?
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete