NOTD: Butter London "Slapper"

Tuesday, 21 May 2013



Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a great start to the week!

So ever since I purchased Butter London's " Slapper" I've been itching to paint my nails with it. I love the shade, it's a beautiful teal colour that looks amazing on the nails.You will have to excuse the bad application though haha! It is a cream finish which I adore!  I love how bright and vibrant this is,which makes it the ultimate summer shade! It turns out though that this nail polish is so difficult to photograph. I couldn't quite capture the true colour accurately on my little old camera and It's showing up more blue than green.

The consistency was a bit runny on the first coat but all it needed it was a second coat to be opaque.
This nail polish is definitely a conversation starter because it's such a unique colour and I don't have a shade like this in my collection. My sisters have also been loving this lacquer and rocking it all week. 

This nail polish isn't cheap at £12  but I love Butter London polishes and this was a must-have shade for me. I think it's great that Butter London are a 3 free company meaning that they don't include harmful ingredients like Formaldehyde, Toluene and  DBP in their nail lacquers.There is a couple more colours that I want to get my hands on like Fiver,Teddy Girl and Macbeth, but I guess I will have to try and avoid Boots for awhile which is going to be a big challenge lol!

What is your favourite Butter London polish?  Will you be rocking a bright and bold shade this spring/summer?

27 comments:

  1. Hello. I really like your blog and it would mean a lot to me if you would take a minute and check, follow my blog if you like. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I will check out your blog now. xx

      Delete
  2. That colour is so nice! I really want to try Bobby Dazzler and Fairy Cakes.

    Bree :)

    Colour Shimmer Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a stunning colour! I will have to check out those polishes soon.xx

      Delete
  3. I have the same polish and my pictures looks more greenish-blue (I used it for my DIY Nail Art post, if u want to check it out) - but yes I might be wearing this a lot too this summer! love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your post, loved the nai art:) You captured the colour pretty well compared to my pic. xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is GORGEOUS!

    Lovely blog by the way, if you fancy popping over to say hello I'm currently running a MAC giveaway :)

    Toodles for now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't it? I will check out your blog now. xx

      Delete
  5. I love that colour, everybody needs a sky blue in their nail polish collection. c:

    http://janiecyxo.blogspot.ca/

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's absolutely gorgeous:) It's actually a teal green shade but in my pic it's showing up light blue. It was so hard to capture the true colour. xx

      Delete
  6. Wow this is a stunning colour, perfect for summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It's one of my faves at the moment!.xx

      Delete
  7. Great post, check out our blog, if you like we can follow each other on GFC & BLOGLOVIN. let us know
    kisses from KENYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) Following your blog now! xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely colour following you hope you pop by mine and say hello sometime

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, love it! Thank you for following my blog, following you too.xx

      Delete
  9. thanks for getting back to us we now follow you. kisses from kenya. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour! It's perfect for summer. Butter London are such good quality and shades, but I always hate paying that much for nail polish! I suppose you get what you pay for though!

    Lovely blog, now following :)

    www.annettibus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorge! Their polishes are bit pricey but I just love them! Thanks for following my blog, following you too:)

      Delete
  11. beautiful color!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pics! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  13. LOVE THIS COLOUR!
    And i love your blog
    Alana xx
    ohlalalana.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg that is a beautiful colour! It's winter time in Australia so I'm currently wearing mauves and darker nail polish colours. But, I can't wait for summer to roll around so I can try brighter colours. And this colour I really wanna try!!! Love it :) thank you for visiting my blog :) xo sup. www.lookingthroughhercloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete